Sunday, May 31, 2020

Frost warning

Well this was an unwelcome surprise. Last night the weather man said there was a frost warning for our area. Its May 31st and It was going down to a low of 34 degrees.We were advised to cover all our tender plants. So at 6:30 pm John and I were outdoors covering our tomato and lettuce plants, my hydrangeas and moving all 6 of my hanging baskets to the garage. Most everything else in the garden would survive since it hadn't started blooming yet. After a fretful night of worry I woke up and by 8am it was 41 degrees. We uncovered everything hung the baskets back up and took a walk around the garden and were very pleased that nothing was lost. I did some weeding and watered and luckily no frost forecast for tonight and I'm hoping that the warm weather is now here to stay.





No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...