Sunday, January 17, 2021

Homemade

Crafty I'd like to think I am. I enjoy making and receiving homemade things. Since the pandemic hit a year ago I've thought a lot about getting back to making gifts. It will give me something to do to pass the long days stuck at home. I remember when my mom was alive every year before Christmas we would get together and have a craft day. My mom was very crafty. I remember growing up she and several of her friends would get together weekly in our basement and make crafts. Mom would see something in a magazine and next thing you knew she 'd invite a few of her friends over and they would set up shop and  create the things she saw.They made a Christmas tree out of a readers digest and sprayed it gold something I tried and could not re create. They made place mats from felt, ornaments from styrofoam and just had fun. 
This past year I have been collecting ideas of things I'd like to make such as snow men out of clay pots. quilted fabric ornaments, and angels.,using wooden balls string and fury material. I need to gather all my supplies before I can start these but I am looking forward to having a craft day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...