Monday, January 4, 2021

Goodbye 2020



 Its been a very long 10 months.wearing masks, social distancing, and not being able to be with family. Do I think just because a new year has begun and theres a vaccine that its over,I'm hopeful. I think the thing that got me through these long lonely months was my Joy Journal. I know this may sound odd but it's true. On January 1st 2020 Jenny,Sandy, Jennifer and I  began what we thought would be a fun adventure. Each week we would write in our journals something joyful that had happened to us that week. At first it was easy. Dinner with friends, a Bible Study at Church, and an outing with the grandkids. Then COVID hit and we were in Lockdown. Finding anything to be joyful after that was difficult. I struggled each week but I was determined to find something anything that gave me joy. So each end of the week I'd look back and think about what happened. My daughter called,  a text from a friend, flowers beginning to pop out of the ground things I had taken for granted became the joy in my life. I wrote about the joy I got baking cookies about making a Thanksgiving dinner and doing a zoom session with the grandkids. I found joy in spending time with my husband and making his Moms fruit cake together. When I finally made my last entry it was bittersweet. I felt sad but I was happy I had stuck with it and completed a year of finding something joyful during the dark days of the virus.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...