Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cinnamon French Toast

I love French Toast. I used to have it quite a lot as a kid growing up. I used to make a simple version,using milk,eggs,and bread,but I found this really great recipe some time ago and it is delicious.
The secret I think is the bread you use. You need a thick sliced white,challah or brioche bread.
I also use 1/2 and 1/2 instead of milk. I use about 3 to 6 eggs wisk them together,add a splash or two of the 1/2 and 1/2 and some cinnamon. I add oil and some butter to my fry pan and heat it. Once the  butter is melted I soak the bread in the egg mixture and place in the pan. I check it after about a minute and if it's nice and brown I flip it and cook the other side. Once it's finished I place it on a plate and either sprinkle it with powdered sugar or maple syrup. It is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...