Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Old Chair

I am a crafter by nature. I just love creating things. I might be somewhere see something and think I can make that. For example a few years ago while at a craft antique event,I saw this old antique chair. The seat had been cut out and a planter was placed in the center of the chair and planted with flowers. They wanted over $80.00 for it. I couldn't see paying that much and figured I could make the same thing for quite a bit less. So began the hunt for an old chair. I was able to find one for $18.00 at the antique market in Davisburg, and talked the guy selling it down to  $10.00. I then had my husband remove the seat. I then bought 3 hanging baskets at the Farmers market for $25.00,thats a little over $8.00 each. Two of the baskets hung on my porch and the other one I used in the chair. So for about $18.00 I recreated what I had seen for $80.00. A pretty big savings I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...