Friday, February 28, 2014

Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash

My Mom had this recipe among the ones I acquired from her after she passed away. Since it's freezing outside and we had no intention of venturing out,I decided to go through them. I saw this recipe and since I had all the ingredients I thought I'd try it.

What you need
1 Acorn Squash
1 1/2 cups Tart Apple (I used Granny Smith)
2 Tablespoons Apricot Jam
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons toasted Pecans
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Butter divided
1/2 Teaspoon salt divided 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut squash in half scoop out seeds
Place squash halves in a pan cut side down with 1/4 in water
Bake for 35 minutes.
While squash is baking combine the apple,jam,brown sugar,pecans,cinnamon.
Remove squash from oven,and turn over. Season each half with 1/2 teaspoon salt,place 1/2 teaspoon of butter in each half. Spoon half the mixture into each half. Bake for another 30 minutes or until tender. If apples begin to brown tent the pan loosely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...