Friday, May 4, 2018

Camping with Kids

Camping with kids doesn't have to be scary. Most campgrounds have all sorts of things for kids to do. Swimming,biking,game rooms and once in a while planned crafts. Sometimes though you have to have a backup plan. When I know the grand kids are coming to camp with us I always make sure I have some things planned. They can only swim, and  bike so much, before boredom sets in and then its "what can we do?" I have print outs for scavenger hunts,where they are sent out to find all sorts of things,Sometimes I change it up and I give them a list of questions to ask other campers. Its fun and gets them to meet other kids. I also have collected flat rocks and painted pictures on them. Then at night sitting around the campfire they use them to tell a story. Another great idea using the stones is to write the places you've been on your many camping trips,addding the date and year then place them in a jar. Its fun to go back and see where you've been. I also make sure to always have games and puzzles available for those rainy days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...