Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Garden scape with stones

When we moved up to the Lake the landscaping left a lot to be desired. Actually there were no gardens to speak of. What the previous owners had done was plant things that spread which is ok but everything spread within each other. There were Lily of the Valley growing all over along with ground cover and succulents. It took most of last Summer to try and clean it out and even this year I notice some of the old plants creeping back. I marked out my 3 gardens with large rocks added nice black dirt and planted perennials. I add annuals for pops of color all Summer. I also like adding stepping stones which my grand children made. This year I saw this really cute idea using pebbles and stones of different shapes and sizes. I find all kinds of rocks just walking down the road or along the lakeshore. This is one I am going to work on this Summer,finding the right shapes and sizes might be tricky but I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...