Saturday, May 12, 2018

Eggs on the Grill

One morning while camping my kids gave me this look that said "not cereal again". Being a newbie camper I cooked what was simple and easy.I kept telling myself we're camping we don't do fancy. I would buy those small boxes of cereal that came in the variety pack. It was a quick and easy go to for breakfast  My kids couldn't understand why we did't have pancakes or eggs like they saw other campers having. I tried to explain that cooking over an open fire was not like cooking on my stove at home. I was intimidated, and I have to admit burned a few meals.
The one thing about campers is how friendly they are and their willingness to share their ideas. One such camping Mom showed me how she cooks eggs over an open fire. She uses a muffin tin, sprays it with cooking spray, cracks an egg in each cup and places it on the grate . How simple is that. So on our next trip I came prepared with a muffin tin a dozen eggs and some very happy kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...