Thursday, May 3, 2018

Fire Starters

Camping and bonfires seem to go hand in hand. I remember the first camping trip we went on,I had planned everything we needed down to a T. We arrived at our camp site, set up camp and while I prepared for our cookout over an open fire, my Husband built or tried to build a fire. After many attempts a nearby camper, who probably felt sorry for us came over to help. He handed my husband a small rolled up ball, said put this on the logs light it and you'll have a fire in no time. He had purchased these little miracle workers at the camp store.  His kindness saved what was about to turn into a disastrous first Camping trip.
I hadn't thought about those starters in years until moving up to the lake and found out that my neighbor makes them from shredded paper, and wax. She puts this concoction in a paper bag ties it shut and you have a fire in no time.They have come in very

handy when the grandkids are up here visiting and want to do S'mores,or just want a fire to sit around.
Our fire pit is loaded and ready with twigs from yard clean-up after a long winter and we are going to put these to work as soon as the weather  cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...