Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mom

This is the 6th Mothers Day without my Mom. She was the one I got my love for cooking and crafting from. I remember as a child her organizing the ladies in the neighborhood months before Christmas for a weekly craft day. They'd meet in our basement and create holiday crafts out of things they had around the house. Like trees made out of old readers digests or Angels made out of different shaped pasta.She taught me how to make spaghetti sauce from scratch, snickerdoodle cookies and the best meat loaf ever. She wasn't much of a camper until much later in life when my husband and I bought our first Motor Home. She went with us a couple of times and although she said she had fun I think she would have preferred staying in a hotel. She loved life,spending time with her family and friends was one of her greatest joys. I miss her everyday but I feel her with me and I know someday we will be together again. Love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...