Sunday, January 12, 2014

Great Cooks

I have been truly blessed in my life with some amazing cooks. My grandmother was what I like to call an old fashioned cook. Everything was made from scratch. I can remember watching her make homemade pie crust. Rolling it out on the kitchen table,while my grandfather pealed the apples,that came from the tree in their back yard.My Mom was what I'll call a more modern cook. She followed in her mothers footsteps,made a lot of things from scratch,but she did take a few short cuts like using ready made pie crust. I think I am a little of both. I love making things from scratch,but for me ready made pie crust is the easy way to go. I have tried making pie crust from scratch and it's never flaky enough,But I do have my grandmothers recipe and I am determined this year to make a pie from scratch. With all this talent and a few blessings it shouldn't be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...