Friday, January 17, 2014

If it's Friday it's Art

Today we made Jeweled Heart Sun Catchers. 
This is a fun project for any age. I had them make hearts sinc the nectar holiday is Valentines Day,but you could do tree or star shapes at Christmas or just about any shape you can think of.

What you need
Clear Plastic Milk Cartons
Glue
Jewels
Ribbon
Paint Brushes
Hole punch

I did not have any plastic milk cartons so I used sheets of Shrinky dink. I traced a heart shape on the plastic and cut them out. I then punched a hole in the top. I had the kids spread the glue on the heart shape with the paint brush and then begin putting the jewels on. The jewels come in all shapes and sizes. Once they're all in place let it dry and then take a piece of ribbon,thread it through the hole and hang it in a window. The results are beautiful,and like everything no two were alike.



No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...