Saturday, January 11, 2014

What's Cooking

The first time I thought about making a Quiche I was a little intimidated,but I love trying new things,so I searched for a simple,but easy recipe that looked good enough to serve company. I found one changed it up a bit to suit our taste and it's the one I make all the time now. 
I hope you'll try it.

Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche

Pre-Heat oven to 425
Ingredients
1 store bought pie dough
3 Tablespoons butter
1 Small onion chopped
1 Bunch of Asparagus chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
Kosher Salt, Pepper
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
4 Eggs 
1 Cup Heavy Cream you can use 2% milk if you want
1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese

Roll pie dough onto pie plate and crimp edges. Pierce bottom several times with a fork. Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from oven and cool. Turn oven down to 325.
Filling
In a large skillet over medium high heat add butter,onions,asparagus and garlic. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until asparagus is soft. Remove from heat and cool completely.
In a large bowl add cream,mustard and eggs whisk to combine.
Once Asparagus mixture is completely cooled add it to the pie crust.pour egg mixture in and top with cheddar cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into wedges and serve.
I serve mine with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...