Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pasta

I always try and keep several kinds of Pasta in my pantry. Spaghetti,elbow macaroni,lasagna noodles,penne and rotini.It's my go to staple when I'm in a hurry,like tonight. John is going to the gym and I have my knitting class so tonight I am making a very easy but deliscious pasta dish. Tonight I am using Penne. I like the way the sauce clings to it.

Pasta Bake

1lb turkey sausage,you could use ground beef but I like the spiciness of the sausage
1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
1 lb of Penne 
2 Cups of Parmesean Cheese
Brown the sausage,add the jar of sauce and cook on low.
Add the Penne to boiling salted water and cook until el- dente 
Drain and add to the sauce and put it in an oven safe baking dish
Sprinkle the 2 Cups of Parmesean on top and bake it in a 350 degree over until cheese is melted and it's heated through.
It's actually a very easy dish but a real crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...