Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Leftover Tuesday

Every Tuesday we get to spend the day with Hudson. We usually are there until almost six o'clock,so the idea of going home and cooking something didn't exactly thrill me. At first we decided we'd stop and get carry out but that got old after a while. What I finally decided was to make sure we always had some leftovers. I might make a meatloaf on Sunday and with only the two of us there's always plenty leftover,for sandwiches and another meal. Yesterday I made a big pot of Sloppy Joes with onion potatoes and corn. There was plenty left so we will have that to go home to tonight. I am very fortunate that John doesn't mind eating something two days in a row.

Onion Potatoes
4 large potatoes,peeled,cut in half and then quartered
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix
Extra virgin olive oil

This works well baked in a glass dish
Preheat oven to 350
Place the potatoes,and soup mix in the baking dish
Add salt and pepper if you like I did not I thought the soup was flavor enough
Sprinkle with 1 to 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat
Bake until potatoes are soft

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...