Monday, April 30, 2018

Cooking with herbs

 I try and use fresh herbs when I cook but sometimes they aren't always available, especially during the winter months, when I find theres no other choice except dried ones. With the weather  warming up now its looking like a good time to get some fresh plants for my garden. Each year I go through the tedious decision of what herbs to plant. The first year I planted an herb garden I think I bought every herb plant that was at the greenhouse, which ended up being a mistake. Plants I never used took over the garden and in the end it was a waste of money. This year I have narrowed it down to 6 plants. Basil,Mint,Parsley,Chives,Dill and Rosemary. These are herbs I know I will use in my cooking. Of course once I get to the greenhouse I might see some I hadn't thought about. Last year when I got to the greenhouse I saw there were several different mint plants,Peppermint,Chocolate and Orange,So of course I had to buy them. Theres just something  so refreshing about going into the garden and harvesting fresh herbs.Its a task I truly enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...