Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Garden Stepping Stones

I have always loved having Stepping Stones in my garden, but the ones to purchase can be  quite expensive. I decided I could make them. Now there are kits you can buy to make one but with a little ingenuity I made several for a fraction of the cost of one of those kits. I purchased some aluminum foil pans,a bag of quick dry cement, some old china plates, and a bag of glass jewels at Michaels. I wrapped the china plates in a cloth and with a hammer broke them into pieces. I placed the pieces in the bottom of the foil pan along with a few of the jewels. I mixed up the cement according to the directions and spread it on top of the broken plates. They were then set aside to dry. Once dry I removed the stone from the foil tin, and had a beautiful a stepping stone. This is a fun project to do with your grandchildren. You can also make them by putting the cement in the pan first and let the kids make hand prints and then write their name in the cement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...