Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Crock Pot Herb Chicken

I enjoy using my crock pot, it saves time and is so convenient. Just throw everything in the pot, turn it on to the desired amount of cooking time and go about your day. I used to use my crock pot a lot when I was working. It was so nice to come home and have a meal already to eat.
The recipe below is one I've tried quite a bit and with only the two of us at home now there are even  leftovers.

Ingredients
1 4 to 6 lb chicken
1/2 onion chopped
2 to 3 Tablespoons butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Thyme

Fill the chicken cavity with the chopped onion
Rub the butter over the skin and place the chicken in the crock pot
Squeeze the lemon over the chicken
Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken and set the cooking time
8 to 10 hours on low

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Frenzy

 Well,well,well February you've done it again. You tease us with a warm day, the snow melts and we feel like Spring is just around the c...